Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Friday, August 18, 2023

Short Story: I killed a spider today

I killed a spider today. 

Not just any old spider, but the big one over in the top right corner of the living room, about the wall-long cupboards behind the Smart TV. I watched it grow over the last few weeks, at first just a speck in the distance but then as we ran around, living our lives, somehow it grew, its legs long and spindly, its web taking over one corner of the room. No one else seemed to notice it, going about their business, as it also did. 

But today I had the chance. Moving the TV out of the way and grabbing the step ladder from behind another cupboard, I was able to reach with two short planks, one thin board used by the man who put in our radiators to save the wooden wall covers out in the back from burning while he fused the pipes together, while the other was a thicker, heavier cutoff of an old shelf. After slowly placing the thin board to one side of the spider, I smacked the cutoff into it, thus ending the spider's life. I wiped it off on a used tissue and placed it on the kitchen's outside windowsill. It's still there, I forgot to take it to the bin. The spider's existence still lives on, but in another form...

No comments:

Post a Comment