Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Descriptions are mere info dumps

Yesterday I received a rejection letter from a small publisher about my 2nd book. They said that it was too dialogue-driven and there wasn't enough description. That's the reason why my readers like my books! There is plenty of space to think between the lines, I allow them to think and visualize the scene themselves, using their own background knowledge of the world. I don't wanna spoon-feed anyone...
"Descriptions are mere information dumps for the unimaginative reader." - Dani J Caile (21 May 2012)
You have to think when you read my books. Well, you don't have to, you can just giggle your way through :-)) Both are good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment