Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Random 'Manna-X' excerpt 1 - page 117

Yes, I'll be putting on 'random' pages of 'Manna-X' on my blog. Truely random, to show what's inside :-)
Here's page 117 of 276 (actually the beginning of Chapter 10 - Sicknotised and Dead) - completely random, really.



"I love my pet rabbit, Fluffy. I love the way he sits in my arms, twitching his nose and munching away at his lettuce leaf. And when he got sick the other week, I loved him even more, until he got better, and then I loved him even more. I love the rain, too, as it hits the windowpane and falls down in wavy droplets all the way down to the bottom of the frame. I love it when the smoke escapes from the chimneys of the far-far-away factories, and the clouds, the clouds, they..."
Bob 1 listened to this creature continue on. Where was he? What was he doing? Why was he here? Who was he? He turned to the next person in the seated circle.
"Err, excuse me, but where am I?"
"Here, I think." Bob 2 was also having trouble.
"Right. And, err, how long have I been here?"
"Well, when did you get here?" Bob 3 entered the conversation.
"I don't know." The first speaker coughed as they were now becoming quite loud and were disturbing his 'sharing time'.
"And, if I may ask, how long have you been here?" Bob 2 gained back the floor from Bob 3.
"I don't know." Bob 1 racked his brains.
"Well, that's how long." Bob 4 gave the final assumption.
"Thanks, I feel...reassured now."

No comments:

Post a Comment