Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Looking back (4) - spreading my wings

'Rage', my 3rd book, took a lot out of me, but I still needed to write. I looked around for competitions, challenges, anything that could keep me writing, feed a need for inspiration and creativity.
I found a nice little 55 word competition, which I won't mention here because I left it on bad terms, but it showed me I could write Flash fiction. It didn't matter what the 'element/s' was/were, I could always write something good. I didn't win anything, of course, only clone writing won.
I then saw a fantasy novella competition and wrote a 13,000+ word story, a 'Christmas Carol' meets 'HHGTTG'....'TDX2' (Too Dull to Die)
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/273975
Of course, nothing happened.
A new book wasn't coming, so I searched for another 'challenge', and found the Iron Writer Challenge just as it started up...http://theironwriter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment