Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Nutcase? ...nutcase...

I clicked on a video of Bono talking about 'Jesus'...I think the interview is from his book 'Bono', anyway...he kinda sums up the stupidity of humanity, really. He is the epitomy of it. Listen to this...

"...either Christ was who He said He was the Messiah or a complete nutcase. I mean, we’re talking nutcase on the level of Charles Manson. ...(blah, blah)... The idea that the entire course of civilization for over half of the globe could have its fate changed and turned upside-down by a nutcase, for me, that’s farfetched."

Is it? Is it really? People have ONLY ever followed nutcases...just look at history.


Back to writing...
If you missed them, here are my latest TIW WQs...

WQ79 (81)

(A Marvel Superhero, A Sandstorm, Oreo Cookies, The feeling of being a Stud. 150 words)

A blast of sand covered Pepper Potts as she sunbathed on the beach with the creme de la creme of society.
“Tony!”
Ironman had landed. Actually, he’d sunk a few centimetres into the soft sand.
“Nice place. Catching some rays?”
Pepper peeked at him over the top of her sunglasses. Tony looked around, admiring the eye candy.
“Ooo, all those luscious eyes on me, makes me feel like some kind of stud. I like that.”
He’d always been a pig. Pepper put her book down and glared into the eyes of his helmet.
“Wow, with that look you could contend with Torch.”
“Well, ‘stud’, did you get me those Oreo cookies I asked for?”
“Oh, erm, sorry, I forgot. Between battling with Doctor Doom and outfoxing Hypnotia, I completely forgot about them.”
“So?”
“I’ll go get some now.” He flew off towards the shops, creating a sandstorm on the beach.


WQ - 80 (82)

(The Song “I like them Big and Chunky”, a Donkey, one of the Iron Writers, a Cat. 150 Words)

“I like them big, I like the chunky,” sang Puss, sliding over to Donkey.
“You been taking that catnip again, Puss?” Donkey did his best to move away but there wasn’t much space left on the sofa as Tony Jaeger had already taken up most of it after passing out on his latest batch of mushrooms. His snoring reverberated through Donkey’s ears.
“I like them big, I like them plumpy,” continued Puss.
“I don’t like the sound of them dumplings!” Donkey escaped from the clutch of his comrade’s Nepeta cataria-induced state and
cantered out of the room. He turned and watched from behind the door.
“Ah-ha, I see another sexy, succulent beast who has as yet to enjoy my feverous lust and infatuation,” purred Puss, moving over to the sleeping Tony.
“More like flatuation! Leave the man, alone, Puss! He ain’t done nothin’ to you!” screamed Donkey.



Oh, the 'Figment' King Dork competition ended...I didn't win. I read the first 3 winners (of 10)...why did they win? Terrible prose, terrible stories. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Figment does not have a philologist on their staff, and if they did, they must be drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment