Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Monday, November 4, 2013

Why am I still writing?

After losing one of the Iron Writer Equinox finals by 1 stinking vote (in a cut-short vote), I had thoughts of stopping.
...but (apologies to those who wish me to stop) I realised after a few days that no matter what, I like writing, and there are a growing number of people who like my writing. Even on WEbook, the latest website I'm trying out, there's an 'audience' for my stuff. Tonight I got a few more ideas, and I also realised that only I am having these ideas...for example, my family was arguing about how to say their.names in 'rhythm clapping'...strange, but hey. That got me thinking...


(musicians start arguing)
"No, it's 'dah dah de dah de de dah dah', always has been, always will be."

"What? Are you crazy? It's 'dah dah de de dah de dah dah'. That's how it's played."

"You are so wrong, my learned colleague."

"Learned colleague, my arse. You're always 'dah dah de dah'ing when you know for a fact that it should be 'dah dah de de dah de dah dah'!"

"Oh, 'de de dah tippy tippy dah dah'!"

"How dare you swear at me! 'De dah tippy dah de de tippy tippy dah dah'!"

"Don't you bring your mother into this! I hardly knew her!"

...now who else would get that kind of idea! :-) It's in the next book :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment