Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Why do I do Iron Writer?

Three days into the Flash Fiction Iron Writer Winter Open Final...long title...and I'm in the lead - I've been here before. Why do I do this? Why do I do Iron Writer at all?
I tell you why. Because it's EXCELLENT for building up your writing skills, making you notice the successes and errors of yourself and others, stretching yourself to see where and how you can write, finding your boundaries. I'm good at dialogues and sparse description, all comedy. Others are good at other things, and you can learn from them. You meet others at the same stage as you, unknown, trying things, chatting with them, collaborating with them. I'm also helping edit the 'official' winner's anthology, due out after the Annual TIW Final (I hope I'm there).
As a writer, I'ev changed, become a little more polished/streamlined. Looking at the titles of the stories in 'Dani's Shorts 2' - out in just over a month, FREE on Smashwords - they're a different bunch to the first collection. Only 3 of the 55 have been seen on TIW (yes, I had a go at Challenge 40...nuff said...I like the second half of it). The latest, Challenge 48, is a eulogy - I had to research it. A year ago, I wouldn't have even thought it was possible for me to write comical eulogy. So...it will be interesting to see any reaction or feedback to this new collection. Here's the proposed cover...:-) Oh, and if you haven't voted for my "Marital Strife" story yet, please do so now :-) Thank you.
http://theironwriter.com/challenge-47-2013-winter-solstice-finals/



No comments:

Post a Comment