Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

THE NEXT BIG THING (BLOG HOP)

THE NEXT BIG THING (BLOG HOP)

(also posted on Book Blog - http://bookblogs.ning.com/profile/DaniJCaile)

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them.  I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy. On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to other authors you can explore!
My gratitude to fellow author Jasper T Scott for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following link to learn more about his work, especially his new book 'Dark Space'.
Website: http://www.jaspertscott.com/
In this blog hop, I and my fellow authors, in their respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek).  We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write-the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!
Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

BTW...
Update: This post is getting a lot of hits!
Okay, as of 22 Sept 2013...
'Dani's Shorts' and 'TDX2' are still available FREE here...
https://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/2766
All my other books are on Amazon :-)
http://www.amazon.com/Dani-J-Caile/e/B00CDX0HSM
Please review wherever you can :-)...
And I'll be in the Iron Writer Autumn Equinox Open VERY soon. Please get your voting fingers ready :-)
http://theironwriter.com/tournament/2013-autumn-equnoix-open-participants/

1: What is the working title of your book?

It was going to be 'The Manna Machine' but someone beat me to it, so it's called 'Manna-X'. It has the craziness of 'man' inside and eludes to 'manner'(s), two essential items in the book. It's also a little 'X'-treme, in terms of sanity and writing process itself.


2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

I'm always trying to think of scenarios which can carry my message of humanity and it's ultimate stupidity travelling down this road it has decided upon, and I stumbled upon an article about a scientific study on the Manna machine, a machine given to Moses to feed his people and do lots of other fantastic things. I've had an idea of a book in my head for a while now but couldn't get it out, fragmented pieces I put out under the title 'Sicknotized'. But now I can do it justice.

3. What genre does your book come under?

Comedy fantasy. There's not much out there that's any good. I read an example of the genre the other day, and it had no jokes, wasn't funny, in fact it had no substance at all, a few infantile rants but that was all. Another one was a poor Douglas Adams imitation. At least I try in my 'Carry On' sort of way to be original, and if not, then quirky. It usually creates a few titters.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Tricky, it would have to be a laid back Jason Statham as Graham, just because I like him. Other than that, I can't think of anyone special.

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

There's a race to find the Manna-X, a machine so powerful it can shape the world around it, but no one knows where it is.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

Self-published. I'm not waiting 6 years for 1000s of rejection letters. Publishers only print money now, books from their known authors with known fan bases. No one is going to risk their time and money on a 'no-name' author. The best thing for me is to write and put it out there. If anyone wants to read my work, let them. If any publisher wants to pick it up, they can. But overall, I hope all who read it, enjoy it.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Still haven't finished it, so far it's taken over 3 months, perhaps I'll finish in a few more, the way things are going.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Douglas Adams, I guess. There's no one else. Tom Sharpe always comes to mind, in terms of humour, and a few readers mention Terry Pratchett.But it's all a little darker and crazier than all of them put together.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Me. With every book I try to add a little more, do a little better, go a little stranger, deeper...and as with Hemingway, I'm trying to find the perfect sentence, and copying Shakespeare by trying to kill as many characters as possible. It's a life challenge.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

A few questions, perhaps. What can be found among King Solomon's treasures? Who will find the Manna-X? Where exactly is it now? And how can two stupid hobgoblins fight their way out of a paper bag?


Who’s next on the NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP?
So glad you asked!
Below you will find authors who will be joining me by blog next week. Do be sure to bookmark and add them to your calendars for updates on Works in Progress and New Releases! Happy Writing and Reading!
Tannis Laidlaw is a nice wonderful read, while Linda Talbot has a crazy 'Son of the White Mare' thing going on with her mythical poems and stories.
I hope you can add them into your calendars next week!

Linda Talbot's blog on Tuesday April 16th: http://lindajtalbot.wordpress.com/


Tannis Laidlaw's blog on Wednesday April 17th: http://tannislaidlaw.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Dani! Can't wait to read Manna-X! And thanks for the plug for my work!

    ReplyDelete