Wow! Got my very first royalty check from 3 Fates Press for sales of 'Circuits & Steam'...considering it's an anthology, that's quite a bit...well, okay, it's pennies but it's something :-)
This post is actually part of a Writing Process chain letter, and I was tagged by Marian Allen, one third of 3 Fates Press (http://www.marianallen.com/2014/06/writing-process/) so I'd better get to it!
My Writing Process...
Okay, maybe this'll help someone but I doubt it, it's quite boring, really.
1. I write up my ideas on the 'big' story and try to put them in some order
2. I draw up a diagram which includes all my characters, their actions, motivations, etc
3. From 2. comes a whole load of new ideas, so I have to redo No.2 (this stops once I get a whole story and I can then move on)
4. I start writing up the 'big' story
5. I read what I have and edit/add/subtract until I'm satisfied that's what I wanted when I started No.1.
Easy, really...yeah, right. It takes 3-12 months and it starts with the 'big' story idea. At the moment, I'm playing around with a few.
This is a chain letter, so I'd better tag a few people...3 is the required number...2 is too little, 4 is too much, 5 is WAY OUT...I guess I'd better tell them...
1: Jordan Bell (http://jbfiction.blogspot.hu/)
2: Mathew W. Weaver (http://ramblingsandraving.blogspot.hu/)
3: Tannis Laidlaw (http://tannislaidlaw.com/)
Good luck :-)