Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Looking back (1) - NaNoWrimo 2011 + authonomy


Already finished my piece for TIW final and did Weekend Quickie 35 and I can't imagine a life without writing. When did it all begin? Where? In November 2011.
Some time in 1995/96, I wrote up my experiences of being in a band and tried to change it into fiction. This was my first serious attempt at writing and I even sent it to a publisher...it came back with a 'Thanks but no' note. (When I was 9 I wrote my first story about a family who lived in a speck of dust).
After moving to Hungary, it never came into my mind that I should try again until someone said 'You should write a book about that', a sarcastic remark, I think. Mid 2000s, I did write a children's ESL book but the project was destroyed by a manager who 'fed' his friends.
Anyway, I saw on the internet an advert about NaNoWrimo, "write 50,000 words in a month" challenge.
For 30 days I wrote. And I got 51,000 words. I won the challenge. I then saw another thing about 'authonomy.com' and uploaded my 'book' (after some editing). It received 44 backers and got to No.81 (good for that website) with a ton of comments and help. After a little more cutting, 'Man by a tree' was born. The ride had begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment