Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lee Child BESTSELLER 1st Dialogue + amazon.co.uk

 So, book 3 is now available on Amazon.co.uk...
 The Rage of Atlantis on Amazon.co.uk - £7.99
 The Rage of Atlantis on Kindle at Amazon.co.uk - £4.99

This Lee Child 'BESTSELLER' thing....let's have a look at that crap opening dialogue in 'Worth Dying for'...
We might need you - me?
Well, you and your rifle. Like before. - Might?
At this stage it's only a precaution. - What's going on?
There's a guy sniffing around. - Close?
Hard to say. - How much does he know?
Some of it. Not all of it yet. - Who is he?
....blah blah blah....
Now if this is what people want in a dialogue, I'm sunk. For me, this isn't real or interesting. For a start it 'leads' the reader, "look, see, there's something secret, it has guns in it, it's dangerous, and they'd kill for something to stay secret!" Wow, great, boring, it must've taken Lee Child 2 seconds to write. Now let's see how it would be if I'd written it. Just 'off the cuff'.
Hey - Hey
Might need ya. - Yeah?
Like before, you know? - Yeah?
Just insurance. - What's going on?
Guy's sniffing around. - How much does he know?
Enough. - Who is he?
...blah blah blah...
I guess I'm just not 'BESTSELLER' material, I just can't write crap like Lee Child....:-)
I'll be having another go at Lee Child later...let's go through his whole collection of books and rip them to shit :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment