Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)

Have to read Brave New World for about the fifth time in my life, which is not a bad thing, and I realised that there are HUGE similarities between this fantastic piece of writing and my 3rd effort 'Rage of Atlantis'. The only difference (other than in writing proficiency) is that Huxley set his Utopia criticising the present in the future, and I sent it right back to the beginning of humanity. I'm quite happy I have a book like this. If you're going to 'copy' an idea, choose a great book to do it with. It wasn't planned, I just thought that it was the best way to criticise the things that have happened in our society in the last decade/year, things that people just take for granted, terror, prejudice, progress.
So, comparisons can be made. Of course, Huxley's in another class.

No comments:

Post a Comment