Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

You can't beat a Jules Verne book!

I got another book for Christmas, plain green cover, small, very thin recycled paper, absolutely nothing to write home about. 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' written by Jules Verne in 1864. I remembered that old movie from the 60s/70s with that terrible American actor. I put it down and read the other (which I still haven't picked up since stopping at page 184). When the other showed its true colours, I picked it up. At first a slow start but then it I got caught up in the adventure. It was a great story, you can see why it's a classic!
I did, howeer, have 2 'ecological' problems. The group of 3, Axel, the professor and Hans effected the environment under the surface, first with the stream, and then with the explosion, with the sea draining down into the depths of the Earth. The first I was upset with, but the 2nd I was horrified!
Other than that, it was a FANTASTIC read! 11 out of 10 for Jules Verne!

1 comment:

  1. The sea falling into the centre of the Earth does sound rather disastrous!

    ReplyDelete