Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Iron Writer Challenge 11- May 9th!

Look! I'm in the Iron Writer Challenge! Put May 9th in your calendars!! (I'll write a post, of course)
I've already written the 500 (exact) word story, and I like it :-) Perhaps it's a glimpse of a new future genre....
http://theironwriter.com/2013/05/02/the-iron-writer-challenge-11/

And, yes, it had to come, I've been banned from playing in Brigg's playground...[censored because I'm very very very paranoid...:-)]

So, here's the last time you'll see my 55 worders, here, not there :-)
The last 3 got into 'Manna-X' in some form or another...yes, I'm still editing...

Not Me (January 2013)
The pints flowed that night in the pub, him and me drinking through his personal hell. His girlfriend was pregnant and he knew it wasn’t him. I backed him up all the way, I’d help him find the guy. I’d make sure he wouldn’t find out it was me.

A True Teen Adventure (February 2013)
The sweat oozed through his vest, every step was agony.
Was it idiotic to brave the onslaught from this dragon in its foreboding lair?
Closer to his goal, with one last breath he was ready to suffer whatever backlash fate decreed. He pointed to them.
“A packet of three, please.”
“Ribbed or regular?”
It's a Mystery (March 2013)
The blonde or brunnette, I couldn’t decide.
The blonde evoked nights of lust and passion,
the brunnette the usual romantic, sweet night cuddled by the fire.
The blonde.
“Come, let’s roam the streets and scream the houses down.”
“Not likely. Me and Flo here are gonna go eat that fish supper in the kitchen bowl.”
It doesn't matter (March 2013)
“Decide. Is this okay?”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“Like this?”
“No, not like that.”
“This?”
“No, turn it around. Yes. No. Like that.”
“Like this?”
“Yes, that’s better. Err… no, no, it’s not.”
“So, it doesn’t matter?”
“No, no, it doesn’t matter.”
“Like this?”
“No, not like that! Oh, I’ll do it.”
In the night (April 2013)
“What if someone was paying attention? What if someone heard? What if someone cares?” He peeped through the curtains to the empty street.
“What if you just shut up and come and help me with the body.”
“Right. What if…?”
“What if I put this crowbar over your fat head?”
“Okay, got it.”
What if he was right (April 2013)
What if he was right?
“Hello.”
“There is!”
“What?”
“An afterlife! I must get back to tell!”
“Back?”
“Yes, I called emergency before I took the pills.”
“You didn’t read the box properly, or reckon on those new roadworks, did you?”
“What?”
“Don’t worry, stupidity is not part of the criteria for going up…”

No comments:

Post a Comment