Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The next book and the Qu'ran(!!)

I've been working on my next book for quite a while, in fact, longer than "All For Love", which is already out (still waiting for the paperback release).
http://www.amazon.com/All-Love-Dani-J-Caile-ebook/dp/B01APR99OK

Every book is different in terms of writing process. I wanted to write it with one the ways I've done books before, but unfortunately for me, that's not the case this time.
"All For Love" was a strange process, probably never to be repeated by anyone again, including myself. I tried. It didn't work.
This next one? I have the characters, the plot, the character's motivations and main actions within the story. I also drew not a map but a picture of the place it's set. But writing? Not a sausage. Okay, I have a few 'scenes', a few words here and there, but that's it. It's going to be an adventure to figure out how to write this. Maybe I need to wear a funny hat or something.

Talking of funny hats, I read the first few pages of the Qur'an...it felt like someone was bashing me over the head with a big stick. That book is a bully, more so than the Bible. There was a part about 'faith' which reminded me of the old Medieval "Ducking stool"...read it, it's so 'Catch 22', it's unbelievable. I also found a passage (I haven't read much at all, only a few pages) which states that you can kill those who you feel oppress you. What? And another about 'fasting'...."You must do this for three days, and then a further seven, making ten in total..." What? Sounds like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. I feel the book is oppressing me...can I kill it? I need to read on...

No comments:

Post a Comment