Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Science Fiction Influences...books

 My new Humanity H2O 3 book series has, of course, influences, both in book and film. Of course I love all sci-fi films, I watch them all, but some influence stronger than others. First, the books...

There was this short story, I read it when I was a teenager and every now and then I read it again. Blood Music by Greg Bear. There is also a novel which I read as soon as I had the money (and inclination) to buy it.


I then read more Greg Bear novels which are more 'typical' sci-fi, then moved on to Asimov, etc.

Next, of course, there's Flowers for Algeron - what more can I say about this one?

 


And I can't NOT say I wasn't influenced by this one...!

 


And his many other books and radio series (of which there were three)!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment